Monday, January 16, 2012

Welcome to the E-book Writer Blog

If you've found your way to this blog, odds are you're a self-published author or on the path to that title.  Welcome.  I'm a self-published author with seven e-books currently available.  Four are novels.  One is a collection of short stories.  One is a collection of one-act plays.  One is a potpourri sampler of my writing.

I am not making a living as an e-book writer.  If you click on the links below, you will see that my books run the rank spectrum from 25,000 up to 400,000 and beyond.  This translates to fewer than $100/month in profit, typically much less than $100.

I only mention those figures because I don't want anyone to think that I'm some e-book writer hotshot who has found the pot of gold at the end of the e-book rainbow.  I have not.

I am, however, a writer with a disciplined routine (writing/editing every morning from 4:30 to 5:45) and an honest desire to get better and, hopefully, make enough money to some day be a full-time writer.

And I could share all my experiences with you about writing and publishing e-books, as well as my struggle to find professional representation in hope of being "traditionally" published, and all of that might be interesting to some, but I want this blog to be something more.

You have no doubt been to J.A. Konrath's brilliant blog, A Newbie's Guide to Publishing, as I have many times, which begs the question:  why another damn blog about e-books, especially from someone who has yet to do anything amazing?

Konrath started that blog in March 2005 and in response to that inaugural post, a reader responded that she was excited to be able to experience a writer's career as it matured from first-time novelist to seasoned veteran.  If that reader kept with the blog, she has witnessed something special, as Konrath is now making tons of money as a completely self-published author.

Let this blog be the beginning of something special, too.  Not only is this my blog; I want this to be a place where we can converse about all aspects of writing and publishing.  I want there to be guest author blog posts and intriguing interviews with people doing what we're all trying to do:  get our books in the hands of as many people as we can.

My name is J.T. Warren.

Welcome to the E-book Writer Blog.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new blog, and your writing! I think anytime you put the time & effort into a journey, it is time well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck J.T. Blogs are good exercise for writing and keeping with a schedule, speaking of which I better go update mine.

    ReplyDelete